The New South Wales Financial Inclusion Network is proud to announce the launch of its 2019 state election platform, which calls for action in addressing financial exclusion. It proposes five key priority actions to reduce the personal and economic impact of this widespread issue and to increase financial inclusion:
- Adopt a whole of government approach to address financial exclusion.
- Invest in building financial resilience.
- Develop financial inclusion strategies for Aboriginal communities and people living remotely.
- Develop innovative programs to intervene early and prevent tenant debt.
- Seek urgent action from the federal government to change legislation on payday loans and rent to buy goods.